We know coming to a Christian website for the first time is enough to send some people over the edge. Don’t worry. We’ve been there and we know that taking that first step is a big deal and can feel a little awkward. We believe that God really cares about people so we try to go out of our way to do that too and to make sure that your first experience is the absolute best it can be at www.questionsgod.com. Please feel free to browse are site created for those starting their first steps towards looking for answers for their life here at Questions God. Com.
To develop a purposeful daily devotions plan, simply follow this easy step by step guide. With a solid foundation, you can grow strong in the faith.
Bible Study Guides that are relevant, engaging and life-changing —- making your life better now, and giving you a real, solid hope for your future. Use these study guides to improve your understanding of the Bible and strengthen your faith Each Bible reading plan is different in type and length. They are as varied as each individual so you have many to choose from. Consider the following options, but remember to choose one. Regular reading in God's Word is not optional. It's a necessity!
Request any of our free Study Guides here.
- God’s Simple Plan of Salvation – Searching for Answers – 3 week guide here.
- New Christian Study Guide – New To Christianity – 3 week study guide here.
- Steps to Spiritual Maturity Guide – Nurturing Resources – 3 week guide here.
- The Gospel of John – Knowing God Better – Personal book study - 3 weeks here.
- Inspirational Daily Devotionals – Encouraging Spiritual Reflections – daily here.
- Monthly Newsletter – Christ Centered Information – once a month here.
- Personal Evangelism Training – Share the Gospel – fun creative way here.
- Bible Studies – Instructive Resources – connecting you nearer to God here.
"Just A Moment" - By Rev. Garry Fricker - A 365 Day Devotionals sent daily by emaiL here.
Devotional "Just A Moment" is intended to give us all a few minutes of Biblical preparation for each day as well as to present a challenge to grow in our confidence and trust in an Awesome God. More information and to sign up for our free Devotionals "Just A Moment" sent daily by email here.
Read online on our sister site here.
The Bible Is Its Own Best Teacher
The Bible however is not arranged like an encyclopedia. You cannot go to chapter 1 and read everything about God and go to chapter 2 to read everything about Jesus, etc. Remember when reading the Bible the verses and chapter breaks are placed in the scriptures by man. It is better to read by paragraph, these too are man-made but they do conform better to the original language than verses. Some ground rules need to be set up first:
- Pray first before opening God's word. Ask for guidance and to be able to accept what is written and to be able to apply His will to your life.
- Never, never read the Bible trying to proof your belief on any subject. It is only human nature to take ideas out of context.
- When you are reading and come across something that does not make sense, reread the paragraph or chapter again. If you still do not understand, write down the problem area and continue onward. You may discover the answers later in your reading.
- Do not read large amounts of the Bible in one setting. Take breaks often or stay with about 2-4 chapters a day.
- Start with the New Testament, people who start with the Old Testament almost never read the Bible all the way through. The New Testament is what is binding on us today. We need to follow God's will for us today.
- Forget everything you have ever heard about Jesus, God and the Bible before you start reading the Bible. Don't take what you want it to say with you first.
Now with those in mind, let's lay out the way to read the Bible to let it build on itself:
- Read "John." (It contains a lot of the life of Jesus not before read, especially his last two weeks before the crucifixion.)
Gospel of John Reading Plan
Recommend for those new to the Bible or new to Christianity our 21 days 5 to 10 minute reading the Gospel of John a chapter a day here. This reading guide was written to guide you through the book of John in 21 days. Read one chapter each day and spend time with God here.
Gospel of John the 21 day Bible Reading Plan Challenge sent daily by email.
If you're looking to take a first step in reading God's Word, our 21-day Challenge is for you. It's a simple way to begin making Bible reading part of your day. We believe that there is a message from God and about God and His will for your life in the gospel of John. Probably the most important thing you can do is develop the habit of reading the Bible every day.
It’s the primary way that God speaks to us, which means it’s vital to your relationship with Him as you follow along with this study guide of the Gospel of John. Sign Up for our Gospel of John 21 days,15 to 20 minute Bible reading plan sent by email each day to your in box.. More information or to sign up here.
- Read "Matthew." (It goes into better detail of some events and adds more about Jesus.)
- Read "Mark." (It is written in chronological order.)
- Read "Luke" then "Acts." (Both written by Apostle Paul's traveling companion Luke. Acts is a continuation of Luke. It describes the early church and contains the examples of New Testament conversions.)
- Read "Galatians." (It deals with the reasons why we do not follow the Old Testament Laws in a more simplified way than does Romans or Hebrews.)
- Then read the rest of the New Testament starting at Romans and going to Revelation.
Use one of our many daily Bible reading plans to easily read Scriptures. Reading the Bible daily is important to grow your faith and hope! They range from two week commitments to year-long commitments, from reading straight through cover to cover, to topical readings, to a mixture of readings each day. Check out our 70 Bible Reading Plans at our sister website Questions God. Com 70 BIBLE READING PLANS HERE.
SUMMARY OF BIBLE READING PLANS 1 TO 70
New to the Bible or New Christians Bible Reading Plans - Each plan is different - Plans 1-12 here.
Blended Bible Reading Plans - Old and New Testament combined daily - Plans 13-17 here.
Classic One & Two Year Plans - From the Beginning Genesis to the end of Revelation in order - Plans 18-23 here.
Chronological One Year Plans - Read the events of the Bible in the order they occurred - Plans: 24-25 here.
Genres (Literature) Style One Year Plans - Reading the different Genre types - Plans: 26-27 here.
Short Term Reading Commitments - Two week Plans for those with busy schedules - Plans 29 -41 here.
Children's Bible Reading Plans - 10 minutes a day for Children and Family Bible Readings - Plans 42-50 here.
Assorted & Diverse Excellent Bible Reading Plans - Variety of Books of the Bible Reading Plans - Plans 51-70 here.
A Daily Bible Method Reading of the Bible Done Successfully here
(Bible Reading Methods, Structures of the Bible, Best Translations to Use,Where to Start )
A Daily Morning & Evening Reading Devotional Plan from Jan to Dec here
A Day Study in Stewardship (A 20 Day Study in Stewardship) by Tim Keller here
A Family Alter Time - Bible Study Time with the Family here
A Through the Bible Reading in a Year here
We are living in an age of constant technical advancements. Each new discovery is intended to give us more “free” time to relax and “smell the roses.” However, we are finding it increasingly more difficult to do the things that we really want to do. Just A Moment is intended to give us all a few minutes of Biblical preparation for each day as well as to present a challenge to grow in our confidence and trust in an Awesome God.
Rev. Garry H. Fricker
Bible Glossary here
Bible Reading by J. C. Ryle here
Bible Studies here
(1. Background on the Bible, 1a Proof of the Bible, 1b What is the Bible?, 2a. Why Study the Bible?, 2b. How to Study your Bible, 3. How to Start your day in a Spiritual Way, 4. How to Start a Daily Reading of the Bible)
Bible Study For Spiritual Power by J. R. Mott here
Calendar for Daily Bible Readings by Robert Murray Mc'Cheyne here
Christ - Our Life by Ruth Paxson here
Children's Bible Read Online here
Christian Knowledge by Jonathan Edwards here
Devotional Guide - Morning and Evening by Charles Spurgeon. Read Online here
Difficulties In The Bible by R. A. Torrey here
Evening Thoughts Or Daily Walking With God by Octavius Winslow here
Faith Checkbook ( Daily Devotional) by Charles Haddon Spurgeon here
How to get the Most From Reading Your Bible by Thomas Watson here
How to Pray for the Lost here
How to Study and Teach the Bible by Elmer L. Towns here
How To Study The Bible by R. A. Torrey here
(Introductory to Methods of Bible Study, Study of Individual Books, Topical Study, Biographical Study, Study of Types, Study of the Books of the Bible in the Order in the Bible and their Chronological Order, The Study of the Bible for Practical Usefulness in Dealing with Men, Fundamental Conditions of the Most Profitable Bible Study)
How To Study The Bible by Watchman Nee here
(Preparing the Person, Methods of Studying the Bible, etc.)
King James Bible Read Online here
More Help on Bible Study Tools (commentaries and resources online) here
Precious Bible Promises - God's promises for every situation. here
Principles of Biblical Interpretation by R. A. Torrey here
Profiting From the Word by Arthur W. Pink here
Twenty Minutes A Day (A Daily Bible Reading Plan) by Robert Gunn here
Your voyage through God's Word will be the best traveling you can ever take. You will laugh and you will cry, and lots more. It can teach you the most important things for this life and the one to come.
The scriptures are perfect, but men are fallible. I prayerfully check all of the material I put on my sites. However, I am quite capable of missing something or making a mistake. If you find anything at all on these pages that is questionable or find any links broken please contact us here.