1. The Wonderful Bible!
2. What About the Bible?
3. Where did the Bible Come From?
4. Bible Facts
5. Frequently Asked Questions about the Bible
Christian Knowledge by Jonathan Edwards click here
The Bible by Charles H. Spurgeon click here
The Bible Book By Book by Josiah Blake Tidwell click here
The Bible Period by Period by Josiah Blake Tidwell click here
The Preacher's Power and the Conditions of Obtaining It by Charles H. Spurgeon click here
Whose Voice are You Listening To? by Marlene C. Crouch click here
A Comparison of the Catholic Catechism to the Bible
Marlene Crouch’s book is a must read for those seeking the liberating truth of God in Christ. It can be a powerful tool to give to friends and family trapped in religions tradition and superstition. Let Christ’s freedom capture your heart. - Rev. Michael Harris, Calvary Baptist Church, Fort Wayne, Indiana.
You can purchase this book on Marlene C. Crouch's website http://marlenecrouch.tatepublishing.net
WHAT SHALL I DO?
Be Available – Abandon yourself to God and to His call on your life. Tell Him you will go
anywhere and do anything that He shows you as His will for you.
Be Informed – Don’t hide behind ignorance. Gather all the information you can so you
can pray and seek the Lord intelligently. Subscribe to missions publications and make
it a priority to know what’s going on in the world. If you know where the needs are,
it will be easier for you to meet some of them.
Be Inspired – Checkout our booklist and get hold of some inspiring biographies of
Christian missionaries. You will find out that most “missionary greats” are just common
people who decided to let their love for God and their love for the lost overrule their
own desires in life – allowing God to use them in bold and wonderful ways.
Expect An Open Door – Expect God to give you an opportunity to fully serve Him
through this new information you are exposing yourself to. Then when He opens the
door – walk through it!
Back to Top
Back to Home Page click here
A Good Church
When you look for a church check to see that it has the following four things:
Loving the Church
- 1. Sound biblical preaching that lifts up Jesus Christ as Savior, Lord and God.
- 2. Humble , godly and wise leadership. ("Red flag" attitudes include: greed, pride, moral looseness, and disrespect.)
- 3. The people of the church clearly love one another.
- 4. There is holiness and clear standards of right and wrong.
Once you have found a good church (there are no perfect churches) stick with it despite the ups and downs. Churches are full of people like you who make mistakes, aren't quite perfect and say things they do not really mean. One day someone may say or do something that really hurts you. Stick with it then - don't get bitter towards all Christians because of a foolish one or two. Remember some people who attend church are not really born again. Some are still searching, some are pretending, but the vast majority are really nice people. Here are three things you should take to church each Sunday.
- 1. Your heart to be filled with the Spirit. Go with an open and expectant attitude and you will receive.
- 2. Your eyes and your hands - to watch for the needs of the people of God and meet them in practical ways.
- 3. Your mind - to hear, understand and think about God's word. Some Christians think that faith and their minds cannot mix. That is wrong. It is true that faith and a puffed up and arrogant mind cannot mix. But faith and an inquiring mind go hand in hand and create wisdom, knowledge grace and truth.
The more time you make for God - the less there will be for sin and self-defeat.
In particular pray for these things :
- Grace- God to be kind toward you and give you many undeserved favours and the power to resist sin.
- Mercy - for God to deliver you from the messes you get yourself into especially when we are ignorant/foolish.
- Peace - the integration of your life under the blessings of God so that sin has no foothold in you.
- Understanding - of what God has done for in Christ and the power over sin that is within you.
- Wisdom & Discernment - so you can apply your understanding to real life situations.
- To Be Filled With The Love of God - which takes over our hearts and makes thinking spiritual thoughts easy.
To Be Filled With The Spirit - and able to see and perceive the things of God so that we are bold and joyful.
If you are unsure about a church then talk to some wise Christians that you know and ask their opinion of it. Or e-mail Brian at [email protected] I will not favour one particular denomination over another but seek to give you sound principles and advice.