Join us here for our 21 day Study Guides for those curious, searching, or growing in their relationship with God here at www.questionsgod.com/studyguides.com. "A Safe place to explore questions about life or God", and connect with us with any questions you have here.
Experiencing Christ rather than Man's creation or Religion. It does not matter who you are or where you have come from, you are ALL WELCOME to search for truth and meaning of purpose for your life. We genuinely care that you find a true relationship with God on your life's journey. Find out here at our website for those searching at www.questionsgod.com.
God's Promises given to His Children Providing them
with the Ability to walk Faithfully & Victoriously.
A Good Church
When you look for a church check to see that it has the following four things:
1. Sound biblical preaching that lifts up Jesus Christ as Savior, Lord and God.
2. Humble , godly and wise leadership. ("Red flag" attitudes include: greed, pride, moral looseness, and disrespect.)
3. The people of the church clearly love one another.
4. There is holiness and clear standards of right and wrong.
Loving the Church
Once you have found a good church (there are no perfect churches) stick with it despite the ups and downs. Churches are full of people like you who make mistakes, aren't quite perfect and say things they do not really mean. One day someone may say or do something that really hurts you. Stick with it then - don't get bitter towards all Christians because of a foolish one or two. Remember some people who attend church are not really born again. Some are still searching, some are pretending, but the vast majority are really nice people. Here are three things you should take to church each Sunday.
1. Your heart to be filled with the Spirit. Go with an open and expectant attitude and you will receive.
2. Your eyes and your hands - to watch for the needs of the people of God and meet them in practical ways.
3. Your mind - to hear, understand and think about God's word. Some Christians think that faith and their minds cannot mix. That is wrong. It is true that faith and a puffed up and arrogant mind cannot mix. But faith and an inquiring mind go hand in hand and create wisdom, knowledge grace and truth.
The more time you make for God - the less there will be for sin and self-defeat.
In particular pray for these things :
Grace- God to be kind toward you and give you many undeserved favours and the power to resist sin.
Mercy - for God to deliver you from the messes you get yourself into especially when we are ignorant/foolish.
Peace - the integration of your life under the blessings of God so that sin has no foothold in you.
Understanding - of what God has done for in Christ and the power over sin that is within you.
Wisdom & Discernment - so you can apply your understanding to real life situations.
To Be Filled With The Love of God - which takes over our hearts and makes thinking spiritual thoughts easy.
To Be Filled With The Spirit - and able to see and perceive the things of God so that we are bold and joyful.
Welcome to www.biblesnet.com. We have over 100 Christian Topics which will help you to Know God better, Love Jesus Christ more, and Glorify Him in practical ways. It is my prayer that, as you read the FREE ebooks, sermons, articles your heart will be stirred and challenged by our 1000's of Christian Resources on this Absolutely Free Web Site. Yours in Christ, Brian Read / Apply / Pray / Do